Mad Mo and her hubby came to visit this weekend. Consequently, I was far too busy shopping cooking and cleaning for these to go up Friday. Totally worth it.
1. We drove over to College Station, nominally for the Kolache Festival in Caldwell, but really for GeekBaby to play with Miss Mess and for a mini gaming weekend. A good time was had by all. Miss Mo agreed about the grays for the quilt, and recommended I ditch the patterned gray and complement with a paler silver gray. She is much wiser than I in the ways of quilting.
2. I’m actually having trouble remembering what I did all last week. It’s all kind of a blur. Prospero Regained was released, acquired, and thoroughly enjoyed. I did a load of other reading and pacing around like a mad thing by way of preparing for CCE starting up on Wednesday. But other than this, my week is rather a blur.
3. I know I spent Friday getting ready for guests… I must have picked up the living room fifty times over the last week, and each time, by the time I finished, GeekBaby had dumped everything out again. Finally I just shoved everything to the periphery and vacuumed the middle. My child thought this was very funny.
4. OH! GeekBaby has a giant cardboard pirate ship, with a functional ships wheel. Just in time for Talk Like A Pirate Day!
5. It’s also potty training time. If GeekBaby is wearing anything that even resembles a diaper, he just goes in it. But if he’s wearing training pants, he’s fine, although he won’t tell me that he has to go. Instead he just darts up to me with an intent and/or imploring look on his face and hopes I get the hint. …I don’t have the faintest idea where to go from here.
6. I got the new Jane Eyre movie from RedBox. I’m glad I didn’t go to see it in the theater, apart from the visuals, as I thought it wasn’t good at all. Its chief sin was how terribly disjointed the story was. They tried to cram things in, when I think they would have been better served by abridgment, and they abridged when exposition was desperately necessary. Also St. John was an extremely flat character, so when he tries to manipulate Jane into marrying him, we don’t really understand why she rejects him so thoroughly.
It’s fascinating, though how interested GeekBaby gets in these sorts of movies. He snuggled up with me and asked a steady stream of questions about what was happening in the movie.
7. Check out this amazing picture of Saturn from NASA’s Astronomy Pic of the Day. Isn’t it incredible?