1. We’re almost recovered from our vacation. The rest of my posts on hiking with toddlers are forthcoming. For now, enjoy this picture of the handsomest little boy in the world!
It’s hard to believe he’s not quite three!
That’s more like it!
2. The Wee Cowgirl came on Monday and spent the night while her mommy was in the ER again. Either I’ve forgotten how much work an infant is, or bottle-feeding doubles the perceived work load. GeekBaby is always glad to see her, and sad when she goes home, but for the first time this visit he also acted jealous of the attention she received. …Great.
Sadly, her mommy seems to have reached the “you’re only coming for drugs” ER threshold. Keep her in your prayers, for she surely needs them.
3. I asked GeekBaby whether he wanted a baby brother or a baby sister after Wee Cowgirl went home. On previous occasions, he declared for a sister, but this time he said he wanted a baby brother and I could have the sister. I told him already had a baby sister, but he disagrees.
I need to go and have twins, just to learn him. Sadly, I’m not at much risk for having even one baby, much less twins.
4. I’ve been pondering the home as the domestic church lately, and Roma locuta est accidentally put a bee in my bonnet about singing the Divine Office. It never occurred to me that one could chant the hours in English! I was so excited I could hardly stand it, and as soon as I could, sought out my copy of Christian Prayer to check out those simple tones. But this adventure is a post in and of itself, so I’ll leave it at that. For now.
5. I almost overflowed the bathtub on Wednesday night. It was less than an inch from running over. GeekBaby was sitting in water up to his shoulders! He was quite pleased with events. I was just happy the water didn’t actually overflow. I have no excuse, I was sitting right there next to the tub, playing on my iPad. I am full of nerdy shame.
6. My baby is almost three! He’ll be three in one month. He’s so big, and strong, and plays with so many older kids that I forget that he’s not well past three and moving on four. I worry that I expect too much from him because I forget he’s not really so very old. I wish he had siblings, and not just god-sibs. We seem to need to make do with a dog instead. We might be getting one tomorrow. We’ll see.
7. Speaking of godchildren, I’ll be much more comfortable when we can get the Wee Cowgirl good and baptized. I’ve been tempted to play the bathtub game these last couple of visits. Maybe we can work something out where can I record the baptism class so her mom can take the class without having to be not in the hospital on those specific Mondays. The level of red tape between having a baby and getting your baby baptized is really terrible. One of these days I’ll tell my horror story of trying to get GeekBaby baptized.