I’m still recovering. My son, on the other hand, while still using all surfaces except designated ones for wiping his nose, is feeling better. I spent the morning in a near comatose state on the couch, with occasionally pleading that he please not climb up on the arm of the couch and jump on my poor aching head.
So, in the spirt of 7 Quick Takes, are seven things I didn’t get done today:
- I didn’t make my special chocolate espresso cookies for my dear friend’s baby shower. (Dear friend, I know you’re reading this, and please don’t panic, I am finally feeling better and am making them in the morning. They shall be extremely fresh. Maybe even still warm._
- I didn’t get the trash out.
- I didn’t do the dishes. (I did break a glass into my garbage disposal though. Yay.)
- I didn’t dig out my copious quantities of ecclesiastical history notes for CCE. CCE starts next Wednesday, I’m teaching high schoolers and I feel very unprepared. I hope they’re prepared to make reproductions of the Council of Nicaea with macaroni and glitter. (I’m only kidding about the glitter. Glitter’s messy and I’m not cleaning it up.)
- I didn’t go grocery shopping. This is probably for the best. When I’m not especially attentive, GeekBaby likes to fill our cart with kumquats and butter. (I am not making this up.)
- I didn’t work on my review of Shades of Milk and Honey.
- I didn’t do the finishing on my Delightful Dragon scissor fob, even though I added the last two beads weeks ago. It’s even prettier in person than in the picture. I really ought to finish it and take pictures.
On the plus side, I finally started feeling better around 4. On the minus side, sleeping for so much of the day has me completely wired right now. I suppose I should start on those dishes.