1. We're on our way home, driving through Iowa right now. It's raining. The car is unbelievably crammed with stuff. Himself has to help me climb over piles to get in and out without injury. We're almost to the hotel. Maybe writing some quick takes will distract me from the fact I need to use the facilities.
2. My grandparents house is so sad. It's just a dead house. It would be so nice if it'd been taken care of properly. But now it's moldy and falling down and filled with… Stuff. Mostly trash. There are a few things I was astonished to find (and save), but that's fodder for another post.
3. The raspberry patch is still thriving behind that house. I wanted to dig some up and take them with us, but there was no room. *sigh* Texas heat would have just killed them anyway.
4. I'm afraid I left my newly acquired Fanny Farmer cookbook at my aunts. I may be banging my head against the window all the way back to Texas.
5. I somehow contrived to leave my nice shoes at home before we left for the Black Hills. This didn't matter while camping, and it didn't matter at my aunt and uncle's house. But I needed nicer shoes than Crocs or hiking boots for the family reunion in Iowa. So yesterday I hit a mall to buy shoes. And left in tears. Even shoes that are my size don't fit me because I have such
fat, ugly feet a high arch. My aunt, hearing of my failure, gave me a pair of her sandals that were intended for Goodwill. They had stretched out too far for her, but were only a tiny bit snug on me, and I'm confident they will improve with wear.
6. PSA to my male readers: When a female relation mournfully asks why she has such fat, ugly feet, this is a rhetorical question. Do not be like my dad and respond “well, they match the rest of you.”
7. We've arrived at the hotel, no one had a toilet accident in the car, and my cookbook is safe in the car. I'm going to nap before dinner. For more quick takes, visit Jen @ Conversion Diary.